I have not been able to get on the computer my 13 and 7 year old have been taking over. I feel very out of the loop. I have missed blog spot and facebook. We have had a very good time this summer. Hope everyone else is.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
spell check isn't working so I'll edit later and fix any.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
soft wools, cottons, I like some acrylics when knitting for the kids
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
anything I can find since someone in my family "hid" or threw out my knitpicks
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I took lessons in high school at a local yarn shop; then after my first two children I decided to go back to knitting. beginner getting toward intermediate
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I am fond of CURVE by liz Claiborne so if anyone can tell what the basic scent is that is it. Not real flowery. For candles I like most scents but again not too many flowery because of my daughter's asthma. Candy, yes I like it. I also like red licorice
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
other than clever crafts to keep my Brownies happy, just knitting and reading when I can carve out some time (I have four kids--13, 7, 4, and 2 --a terrible two but cute as a button
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
John Mayer, New Orleans Jazz, Jimmy Buffet
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
above kids and a husband and a daughter who wants a goldfish
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, not ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Any thing I can figure out how to knit. I like dishcloths as a way to learn how to do new patterns and are less trying w the kids. I like to knit sweaters or scarves when I can.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A scarf from a monthly knitting project I got for a birthday present
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
circular as it takes more effort and thinking for the kids to pull the knitting off.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
about a year
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
Christmas and Thanksgiving
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Willow Tree figures
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
INTERWEAVE KNITS, knitting books about felted knitting, purses, I'd love the Vogue Knitting book, the ultimate knitting book & The Knitting Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I haven't really tried cables and I really would like to do them
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
no, but I take a size 7 shoe
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? yes
Posted by Knitting Keep Me sane at 11:24 PM