Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dish cloth Swap question

There are many people who ADORE receiving hand-knit or crochet items; but there are just as many who have no appreciation whatever of how much love, work, and time goes into a hand-made item. Share a story of a hand-made gift you gave to someone and how it worked out - good, bad, or ugly!

I had a wonderful one. I had made this felted bag it was wonderful i might add. I wanted lined and it was a weird size so I asked my mother in law who is a seamstress to do it. Well she did a wonderful job. (Let me add that she has personally dressed my two girls since they have been born with wonderful dresses and skirts.) She handed it to me . Then I told her that she meant so much to me and I said it is yours .She was so excited =)!!!! I told her that I knew she would have never lined it if she new it was for her. She carries it all the time.


I also made one for my mother. My first ever bag. She also loves it she uses it all the time for knitting project. and she loves that she got my first bag!!!!!

2 comments:

Jill L said...

i am so glad your's was a happy story and that your MIL loved it!

Dorothy said...

Isn't it great being related to someone who sews?